Family Dispute Mediation is an alternative to litigating your Family Law matter in Court before a Judge. Mediation is available, when couples need to resolve issues surrounding child custody schedules and issues, Child Support matters, Spousal Support, Division of Property, Alimony and the many other issues involved in Family Law.
If you, a client, patient or colleague have Family Law issues which need to be resolved, rather than reflexively resorting to Court and Litigation, consider Mediation. Why would one choose Mediation rather than Litigation?
- The participants remain in control of the Process: Avoid artificial Court deadlines. The parties control the pace and scheduling of the process.
- The participants make their own Decisions: Rather than presenting your matter before a Judge or other third party, the parties themselves discuss, negotiate and resolve their issues.
- Fees and Costs are substantially less: Mediation is a streamlined process and generally takes a fraction of the time to meet, discuss and come to agreement regarding the disputed issues, in contrast to the traditional litigated matter.
- Confidentiality: The Mediation process is conducted outside of Court, so it is private and confidential. There is no public record of the dispute and no public airing of the disagreements.
- The First Step in a New Life: Litigation is divisive and combative. Mediation is a process where the parties work together. It facilitates healthy parenting and effective communication.
With over thirty years experience representing Men and Women in Family Law matters, contact attorney Lee A. Schwartz at (215) 967-9070 to discuss this more fully.